View Single Post
Old 02-09-2023, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not my understanding of damage bonus. I understand damage bonus as adding to the damage dealt, effectively increasing the player's minimum hit. So a 14/25 remains a 14/25, but at 60 the bonus adds a flat 11 more onto every swing the player makes. Damage bonus for 1H is a fixed value, so it inherently favors fast weapons, and it is most effective against high AC enemies where normal hits tend to skew low. As such the player should only see hits for 1 with kick or the off-hand weapon. Looking at it another way, Wurmslayer gets a bit under two-thirds the benefit from the damage bonus as Earthcaller does on account of Wurmslayer's slow delay.

2H damage bonus scales with weapon delay.
I will admit that I am still a little fuzzy on the exact maths for damage bonus. I got my current information from this post:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...91&postcount=4

Based on my own data, when my Monk went from level 39-40, his max damage increased from 147 to 160 using Imbued Fighters Staff (38/40). This is when the damage bonus goes from 4-5.

I don't believe the damage bonus simply adds a flat value onto the final number. That wouldn't account for the full 13 damage increase. I didn't change my STR significantly between that level range either, nor was I STR buffed. This is a 2h weapon, and 40 is a big level, so I am not sure if there are other factors to be considered.