Thread: Getting fed up
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 12:45 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why don't you pay for someone to make you one. Or help you with your free experience. How did you even get on the server in the first place if you had so much trouble extracting files?
Gnoway Jose, extracting files are a very basic task to managing your computer. The biggest problem i have when first learning to extract files were that it often creates a folder for those files but, if this was the case for you EQ wont be able to read the files so all you have to do is open that folder and copy and paste (or move them) to the EQ folder then delete that useless folder.

Ive been playing for idk getting close to 7 months maybe and had to patch just once, however a few days after this recent patch windows security did start flagging a file as a virus but it was an easy fix on windows 10 to just allow the file and restore it, though i still posted an inquery on this - i found the steps on how to do this in the forums very easy. Its not a bad thing to be ignorant in some areas of computer management, learning always helps though

For an old FREE game it sounds like your just a bit too upset and have your expectations set a bit too high, ask specific questions and leave all that other junk out, you will still likely get your answer without everyone thinking your being too intense and needy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowe
I get the virus threat also. Why is this program not probing the accounts on the server. Instead you want to look at my pc. A little to much for me. There are ways to detect cheating on the server it self, and not peoples pc. I don;t want you probing my pc info. Trojan:Win32/Tiggre!plock is what I get in file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest\dsetup.dll. With this This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Won't play until this is gone, and put on the server. NOT MY PC
I dont think all cheating software is easily detectable via server-side. I believe most games use anti-cheat software most notably counter-strike and WoW, why shouldn't EQ?

We humans are naturally suspicious and paranoid, it has been a very needed survival trait which will likely stick around with us for a long time into the future, but unfortunately in the advanced society we are evolving into it has some negative side effects such as causing us to distrust when its really ok to trust. I really dont know thats the case here, if we can trust all the files from the P99 team, only time will tell; but all of us have trusted the files so far up till now and our PC's haven't blown up yet, ive trusted and allowed that recent file and so far no smoke or sizzling happening over here - Im pretty sure we can continue to trust the files from them.