Thread: Pet Tracking
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 12:32 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually in the spirt of "it's classic, bitch", they should expand the ability for non tracking classes to know a mob has spawned.

Originally in EQ you could send named mobs tells, for instance if quillmane was up, you could do:

/tell quillmane your cloak is mine

in quillmane's case it would show a tell being sent to quillmane as if it were a player, and if it wasn't up it would give you an error that the player wasn't found.

Mobs that had more than one word names behaved a slightly differently. Like would need to be sent a tell such as :

/tell the_ghoul_arch_magus_00
or
/tell the_ghoul_arch_magus00

I can't remember which one of these two above syntaxes is correct but one of them is and either are close enough. If the magus was spawned you would NOT get an error but you would not see anything after you sent the tell, if it wasn't up you would get the same error as with quillmane.

Every once in awhile a mobs "true name" was slightly different than the one they hold. It was rare but also happened. You could tell the "true" name of any mob in the game by trying to trade an item to them when they were far away from you, give you the soandso is too far away message. The name given would always be the "true" name.
thats interesting I didnt know this one. must of been nerfed before velious or just wasnt used on my server.