Thread: Game Mechanics: MQ mobs with memory causing problems
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 04:18 PM
Fire Giant

Withered Treant in NK for the druid fucked up for us yesterday, although in our advantage. I was MQing the Clean Lakewater for my friend, but after turning in my piece first I received the Warm Pulsing Treant Heart and the Withered Treant despawned. I initially assumed they accidentally turned in their items first. I can only assume someone boned a turn in earlier and confused their Pure Lakewater (from the corrupted barracuda in LOIO for the Kunark cleansed spirit) for the correct Clean Lakewater item.

If it's proposed that MQ memory does not clear when the NPC despawns or a turn in is completed, that has to be the case as we were watching the Withered Treant spawn pretty closely. Either that or someone sneaked in and fucked up between pop and us seeing it up.

They still have their corrupted items, and I have a Cleansed Spirit of Antonica, so nothing was actually lost. I'm worried that I'll end up with another druid epic (or a lore conflict at least) when I MQ this Cleansed Spirit for them. Hopefully that kind of MQ error might be eligible for reimbursement?
Last edited by Bummey; 06-04-2018 at 04:27 PM..