Thread: Progression?
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Personally, I would LOVE to see 'progression' follow the same as SoE (cringe to admit it) did when they released a progression server (actually 2 at once but let's not go there). You had to 'open' the expansions by killing dieties or complete long quests similar to epics but on a guild-size level. The true power gamers came out and ruined it by opening everything too damn fast even though there was a time-restriction between expansions. With the smaller player base here, and everybody's attitude and friendliness, it could be a blast to see that done again... then... just maybe... start all over again once we hit a certain point. Maybe...

Now, that said, it would be a test of how far the players really want to go. If we don't want luclin as some have suggested in this thread, we won't chase down the quests and mobs to open it. simple enough. The game stays as we want it... as we are able to progress it. Now, a minimul time must be set between expansions which will have to be decided by the organizers and programmers. Also, I realize this will require some special programming just to accomplish from the server side, but it can be done.

Sure, eventually, some power-hungry person would organize enough ppl who liked luclin or PoP... or further. This thought will also help players recruit others to expand our numbers. This noted, the counter for this, if the owners and programmers wish to stop the server at a certain level, it can be done simply by making the goals unmanagable for current population and slowly increase the difficulty of the mobs and quests required as population grows. Most of the players would never know. (smiles sadistically).

And, on a final note... I know I ramble and spit out way too much info all at once but it will give y'all somethin to consider I hope.

Look forward to gaming with everyone!