View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 04:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was super skeptical about the TLP and all i'm just saying is its fun and worth a go if you are getting bored with P99. I am at the point where basically Sat-Wed I can't move my character from Velious due to raid targets and both my alts are in the 50s, so my option is to grind KC or go solo farm something. Neither of those is fun for me anymore (well i like to solo some on my necro still).

Sitting around waiting for Dragons to pop means you cant play P99, so half of the top end population is in perma stasis for over half the week. Lately when I'm "playing P99" I am actually sitting at the log in screen playing other games (Zelda on emulator most recently). So this TLP is refreshing for me and I think it can be for others as well. My reaction time to log in to P99 has dramatically increased because all I have to do is quickly switch screens and i'm good to go!

If you want to play this server but are scared that it will be overwhelming or not worth it, I am here to say that I find it a good supplement to P99. All the things that really "ruined" EQ wont be implemented for 2+ years.
P2002 is a good alternative for someone not interested in paying. Not quite as polished, I am sure, but it too plans to go up through PoP (and stop there), has ways to facilitate travel, faster leveling, etc. Doesn't have the instanced content (which I like the idea of), but the population right now means getting your camp of interest isn't difficult. And the player base so far is super friendly. There is boxing, but a lot of people don't bother (basically like you described).

Like you, I've found it to be a great option for when nothing else is going on in p99 or when I am logged out socking a spawn.

So, is this TLP your version of Jail?