View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Kedge was great for my Shaman for one thing: AFK camping treasure chests.

There's a A ferocious hammerhead there who is stupid rare, and who drops a heavy (10 stone I think) 100% weight reduction Driftwood Treasure Chest. The chest is also stupid rare.

These chests tend to be great for us Shaman because (especially with buffs) we should always have enough strength to carry six of them, so for us they're as good as tink bags.

You can solo the shark (I'm pretty sure you can do him at 56) if you wait for him in the room he spawns, but I wasn't kidding about "stupid rare": I recorded some numbers and between the rarity of the ferocious shark and the rarity of him dropping the chest, it takes something like a hundred sharks (with a 22 min respawn break between each one) for one chest.

But if you set a timer for his respawn time and AFK in-between then eventually you'll get a chest (or chests), so it's a great AFK camp.

P.S. This is kedge, so if you miss your alarm and die you won't have any EB items or fish scales to get back to your corpse. You can (with SoW) just barely make it from entrance to the shark room on a single breath of air, but it's not easy and you're likely to wind up dying again, so unless you get really good at that swim I'd recommend camping an alt with some fish scales outside the Unrest tunnel.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 11-18-2018 at 12:11 PM..