View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 04:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, Geonids are not belly casters. Yes, Geonids are highly resistant to Poison (probably because rocks don't have veins hehe). That logic doesn't seem to apply for Disease spells, which have a much greater chance of landing. Use Insidious Decay to lower Disease resistance, and use Disease DoTs. Since you are level 52, you can use Plague and Scourge stacked simultaneously if you want to kill them faster with two DoTs. If you have Epic and JBB, those will work wonders as well.

You should also use your pet. The pet has pretty good DPS if you haste it with your haste line of spells (do not use Spirit Quickening, it is crap). You just need to remember to slow the Geonids as well, so they don't eat your pet. They hit pretty hard.
Now this is weird. Unless they've been changed in some way, they seem to be ultra resistant if not almost immune to Disease.

Well as far as logic is concerned, we're talking about moving rocks, dragons, giants, demons, mushroom men, elves etc, so why not get a rock sick to death? 🤔😁

I'm 54 w epic, but in my recent experience I've never managed to land a single Plague on any of them, even after Malosini. I guess I'll have to find a copy of Insidious Malady then as some of you suggested

Poison lands between 60-75% of the time, magic (epic & slow) lands every time, so does Cold, but my Cold DD are not as mana efficient as Dots

Thanks for the feedback guys