View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 06:20 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewbshifflett [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of these suggestions are great, what I'm hoping to get out of this thread are suggestions that have led to total resolution of the problem.

If you have experienced ZERO ResetDevice() failed! errors since making a specific change, please explain to everyone what exactly you changed.

Since making the changes in my original post (see: https://i.imgur.com/VGFbA2Y.png) I've had nO ResetDevice() failed! crashes.

If I do receive a crash, then I will follow-up here and let you know the solution does not work. Thus far, it's a success.
In the configuration I posted above, I used to receive ResetDevice all the time at the spots you mentioned -- and now I receive ZERO ResetDevice crashes. I still crash on camp, but it is not a ResetDevice error.

I also tried the DX9 item in the ini file as part of my months of searching for a solution to this, and it did not work for me. It's tricky because it is both seemingly random and not-so-random at the same time, so sometimes you have to test a "potential fix" over a span of weeks before you really know whether it did anything.