View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 12:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendZapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would you start on blue and not the brand new popping server, green? Lol.
Blue fits my playstyle perfectly. 20 years ago I was a single guy and raided 7 hours every night. Now I'm married with a couple of kids. I saw plenty of marriages end over EQ back then and there's no way that's going to happen to me. When my wife or kids need my attention, they get it, even if it means leaving the game abruptly.

As such, I rarely group (and when I do I let people know I may be afk at almost any time, but at least I'll tell them). I'm never going to be able to get the raid loot on this server, but with the economy as it is I'll at least be able to purchase some gear. I got my necro jboots at 25 by saving my plats up and doing a MQ, and since then I've been able to gear up pretty well.

Picking classes that can solo is the key to this strategy though (although I did make a ranger out of nostalgia!). I got the necro to 35 fairly quickly and I'm levelling up a druid now just for a change of pace. I love being in a casual guild just to asks questions and chat with people.

I love going to out of the way places and afk camping things. Gargoyles in OoT, Bandits in the Karanas, nearly everything in Eruds crossing. If real life intrudes I can afk for an hour and come back and pick up right where I left off.

The last thing I wanted was the level race that green promised!

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>