View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 08:09 PM
Fire Giant

Wink

Just a small Update to let everyone know that this works flawlessly on Ubuntu 18.04 -[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ran a terminal to install Qsynth and it worked quickly, no issues on a clear installation of Lubuntu 18.04 -

You could save some extra steps on reinstalls if you take the precaution to install your Linux Distro on a multi partition HD or SSD by creating a single partition for Root (/) and another for Home (/home) and just wiping the root one with your fresh install. This usually keeps your home folder safe when upgrading versions and it keeps some prior settings too, so I kept my prior EQ Platinum install without the need to copy it again alongside personal files.

But when In doubt just nuke everything and reinstall. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Side bonus extra info : Nouveau Drivers Run EQ1999 Perfectly , no need to install Nvidia Proprietary ones either if you want to keep your system clear of proprietary software, this was TIL for me today, specially because I considered Nouveau GPU drivers totally basic "barebones".

Happy gaming and much love to everyone from the Isthmus! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]