Thread: New Green
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 04:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But they are the definition of guaranteed if the camp isn't 24+ hours (eg. I got /list-guaranteed JBoots), or if you don't sleep or share accounts.

And remember, the whole reason we have /list in the first place is that GMs don't have time to manage lists ... but if the GM's don't have time to manage lists, I highly doubt they have the time it would take research and find account sharers.

Just making /list a random chance is elegant in its simplicity: it solves everything in a classic-ish way ... except for people wanting a guarantee for their time spent (and I would argue those people are playing the wrong game).
It would be dead simple to remove people from lists if they camp\go LD. It would be harder to track down people screensharing to essentially account share without logging their char out, but it's still another check. If you make something harder to do, there will inevitably be a set of people who won't do it who otherwise would have.