View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The first post makes no sense, since mobs are always nearby, so you can't pick it up just by clearing mobs, you have to wait. So likely a rumor of a rumor.
Unless those players had a rough estimate of when the ground spawn would appear and scheduled their raids around that time, clearing the area leading to and surrounding the nightstand beforehand as a precaution. And/or they continued to clear the zone, waiting for additional books...

https://web.archive.org/web/20020816...ildNewsDec.htm

Quote:
Sunday - December 1, 2001

Screenshots

I will update Screenshots this week =o). Check out pictures from Kael, ToFS and Hate. If you have screenshots email them to me!

Plane of Hate

Great job to everyone that was at Hate! Much better job of listening and assisting! With 6 groups we cleared out the first floor, Maestro and that nasty hand. Thanks to Kroeten for getting everyone up there! Thanks to Gneiss for handling all the loot and Sarkisian for resing us with his fancy click-stick as well! We picked up lots of gear for clerics and several pieces for the other classes. Slinkity, Deniden and Paackets, who picked up the book of souls, all got items for their epics.
Regardless of whether the majority of guilds did this or not, the initial link is still a corroborating account of NPC behavior in the zone at the time. There is even mention of the book showing up on track; if this can be confirmed elsewhere, it adds more credibility to the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The second post has timing that is consistent with my theory that this happened as bugged unintentional behavior for several weeks before being patched.
https://project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19

Quote:
Old 10-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Project Manager

With the new round of beta testing, this is highly relevant.

Please make sure to include all the information you can about an issue.

I'm wasting a lot of time reading posts with no research or links.

Thanks.