View Single Post
Old 11-28-2022, 03:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The opiate takes over that process for the body, so when you quit, your body is like "Oh yeah, shit. I was supposed to create that stuff...whoops"

In that period, your back aches, your joints ache, hell...it's physically painful to get sleepy. I remember that. Trying to stay awake was painful. It was weird.

I thought about suicide every single morning when I woke up.
Ya, I try to prep people in my job that when they quit and try to get back to their old life, their brain will create artificial pain and/or anxiety (depending on the substance), in addition to having a diminished capacity to feel pleasure from day to day activities

I tell them not to give up on sobriety just because they discover they initially no longer have any enjoyment from their old life’s activities. It can take months of sobriety to feel like one’s old self again and have the enjoyment come back into life

I’ll also suggest taking a picture of one’s appearance if the drug has changed it, and/or journaling how awful they felt at the end and how much it fucked up their life. It could be useful to reflect back on this photo and writing months-years later when the brain is romanticizing the memory of the high