Thread: money hungry
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2016, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes there is only one DAP online, so I imagine they are quite busy so want to make sure they deliver all the players who value the port most first. In this circumstance I can understand why some porters will refuse to take low tip rides.

I don't have a DaP and can only imagine how busy they are. If I so much as set foot into the common lands to buy bat wings on my wizard I'm likely to get tells within seconds requesting ports. This is no problem as I am happy to add 5 minutes on to my journey to save a few strangers and hour or so more.

I don't think 1pp/level is the going rate. 20-40 pp seems to be the ball park for those that tip, regardless of level. Maybe a third or quarter of player don't tip. TBH I am happy to port anyone for free as long as they are wearing less than 20k in gear. If they aren't then the begrudgingly get a free port instead.
These are the words of an empathetic, good human being. You see the Norrathian world not only through your own eyes, but even those of a DaP member!

I honestly think 1pp per lvl is about right. When I was leveling in KC, at 50+ on one of my millions of alts, I had no problem affording 50pp for a port.

It's not a server requirement or a DaP written rule from what I understand, but 1pp per level for a port is about as fair as you can get. If you want to give more or less depending on your current monetary situation that should be fine too though.