View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 06:00 PM
Sarnak

Default What next for midlevel bard?

I've always loved grouping with bards, so I figured it was time to roll one and see how it feels to play one. I went with a dex/cha build (something like 170/130 with cheap EC gear) and a venomous axe of the velium brood, and although now I think going dex may have been a little suboptimal, the number of procs has made melee a lot of fun up until now.

I've been trying to explore a lot of zones and not just camp out in a single zone for too many levels, and have been to Crushbone, Oasis, Xorbb, Highpass Hold, Unrest, Mistmoore, and East Karana, alternating between grouping and soloing. Overall it's been a ton of fun; the clicking isn't too bad, and I've never played a toon that felt more like a "group daddy" than this guy. Being able to shift between dps, tank, heals, or cc depending on group needs is really nice.

Even though I'm aware it's the fastest way to level, I have zero interest in swarming. I'm also uninterested in pulling for groups, as my ancient laptop is too laggy. I'm at level 32 now, and while I still plan to spend some time grouping in Mistmoore and hoping to win some Mistmoore Battle Drums, right now I'd really like to explore soloing some of the classic dungeons I haven't spent a lot time in, like SolA/B or Guk.

Where should I go? I've been trying to find a good spot in Upper Guk, everything that was blue but too hard at 30 is now green at 32. I've been exploring from the Froglok Summoner room (#6 on the map) out to the zonelines to the dead side of LGuk, but I haven't found any good spots where I can pull two mobs to charm-kill.

Where should I go at level 32 to solo dungeons? Right now I'm practicing charming on the gnolls outside Splitpaw, but I'd like to find something new.