View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellapse35 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Once the GM's (Nilbog) finally realizes that variance will increase the PvP by double and turn it on. This server will thrive.
Me? I have said in the past I would like to experiment with what works the best. The problem I have with variance on the pvp server are the effects I have seen it have on the pve server. I do not think it will lead to more guilds getting raid targets; Nihilum will do the same thing throughout the week instead of on a single day. If the rest of the server can't gather together at a known time... how could they in a short amount of time? I have to wonder if people are suggesting it to time-grief Nihilum into needing to log more hours for the same result.

With that said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I already put in the bit of code last patch that makes it possible to enable variance on R99. I think it would be interesting to see how it plays out. Not that it would stop the resident forum warriors from picking a new topic to talk about incessantly.
I'm down with experimentation. This change will allow us to dynamically turn it on and off. For rule changes, I need agreement from the the rest of the staff that actually deals with the pvp players. So, I'll talk with them and see what they think. But, if that [variance] doesn't yield the results players think it will, I surmise a new "all we need to double pop fix" will become the flavor of the week.

In my opinion, the best 'raid fix', for both servers, is simulated patch day respawns. I want this a lot and we are trying to knock out other issues to get it done.