View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've noticed odd things that seem wrong with outdoor spawns in general on p99. Like in classic I don't remember there ever being "static lion that always spawns in this one spot and doesn't roam". Or "there are five elephant spawns in this zone and they always spawn elephants". I seem to remember basically everything in, say, south karana, was a potential PH for every other generic trash mob. So a roaming elephant spawn might sometimes spawn a lion or a lioness or a low level aviak etc.. Obv exceptions would be static non-roamers like the gnolls outside paw. In any case, 7 static HG spawns in rathe mountains that always spawn HG's *definitely* doesn't sound right. The whole "find evidence" thing is kind of frustrating sometimes, if like 99% of people remember things being a certain way, it probably was that way.
Honestly, I think it's a little more complex than you make it out to be.

I don't think Nilbog is 100% certain of the classic-ness of every spawn point in every zone, so I don't think he requires solid evidence to make any changes. If you could find a whole bunch of people in this forum who all agree that "X was a certain way", and there's no classic evidence to the contrary, I'd imagine he'd want to change it

In other words, I'd guess he does consider lots of people remembering X as "evidence for X" ...

... it's just that I'd also imagine his priorities are something like:
  1. stuff there's evidence for
  2. stuff whole community has the same memory of
  3. his own personal memory
  4. how it currently is
  5. one random player claiming one thing based on their memory

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.