Thread: No or Yes
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 08:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. One of my bands had a drummer that was always 30-120 minutes late and always played too loud. After trying for far too long to work with him and to get him to play quieter sometimes, we fired him. Over the next year or two, he became much more timely and professional, and had developed great control over his volume. That same band ended up hiring him again after that. Only now, his ability to play quietly made him sound that much more badass when he let loose and played loud.

It sure felt awkward to literally fire my friend, but by giving him a consequence, we actually helped him. Now, I would play with him any chance I get, or recommend him to any artist in a range of styles.

Have you ever lost an opportunity/job/gig because of something that was totally your fault?
Yes. When I was working at Maxis, I smoked a bowl on my lunch break and was reported to HR by a former subordinate at EA who "anonymously" tried to snitch me out when I was working at EA with him on my test team. I never suspected him until he did it the second time, with success.

I pieced it together a few years later and looked him up on LinkedIn, where I reported his car parked in his employer's parking lot to my baseball bat. He had recently posted pictures of his new car to his Facebook.

Do you believe in God?