View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 11:50 PM
Kobold

I was so young playing SoL that my memories of it are pretty vague. I remember zones, some spells, Vah Shir/Beastlords ofc. PLing 1-20 in 4.2 seconds in Nethlair. Overall I guess I didn't play it enough to hate it as much as most people seem to, but I'd wager their hatred for it is the same as people who hate anything after the OT of Star Wars, or movies that aren't identical to the books. Not a hatred based out of logic, just because 'it's not what they like', and what they like is what they saw first. Like the people who claim Fortnite is the best video game ever because it's the only one they ever played.

Though I can't say the character models ever appealed to me. The humanoid models look ok but their animations are crap. The ogres/trolls etc and especially Iksar I hated even when I was like 12. Mainly if I had to hate something it would be power creep. This really starts in Kunark, as most classic gear is trash, but of course with every new xpac it gets worse and worse. On the flip side, for this server power creep doesn't impact much for low levels because everyone is already twinked to the point of being stat capped halfway through character creation and while it would make farming higher level stuff (how many camps need more than 1 enchanter again?) more trivial the gear would be less important.

All in all I want green more than Luclin, but I'd come back to blue for Luclin all the same. I'm not pronouncing it 'luck-lin' though. I don't give a damn if 'loose-lin' isn't official or even grammatically accurate!