View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethropfeq1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This makes little sense to me so far.
I'm no networking expert, so I can't really explain why VPNs help [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] All I know is that Rogean is a networking expert, and lately he has been trying all sorts of stuff to improve networking issues with P99.

His recent changes seems to have greatly improved zone load times for most players ... but whatever optimizations he made also seem to have a side effect of screwing a particular class of players over (and to be fair, people have always had issues with the server, so it's not like these changes are to blame for everyone's problems). But it seems that somehow by using VPNs you can dodge that problem and make things work.

There was a thread about this where he asked for feedback from people, but I haven't seen him post about it in awhile. This could mean that he's still hard at work trying to solve it ... or it could mean that he's satisfied everything works well for 99% of players and he's just given up on the remaining 1%. After everything else he's done, I certainly wouldn't fault him if he just gave up and expects those 1% to get VPNs, as I'm sure messing with this stuff is not fun on his end.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-16-2019 at 01:31 PM..