Thread: Miscellaneous: paladin /sk defense skill bug-230
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 04:04 AM
Planar Protector

Default Return of the red skill cap bug

Thank you Haynar for patching the Knight Defence skill bug!

You mentioned you hoped it would fix other skill cap bugs, but unfortunately some still remain.

The bug I refer to is where a skill shows up in the skill window as lower than it should be and in red font.

Non-monk melees have this bug emerge for bind wound from level 20 to level 50. Some time in Velious the max skill for these classes during these levels got raised from 100 to a value higher than 100, but the game does not always recognise this.

Rangers I have noticed are also affected by this bug. From what I can ascertain, their skill caps should be 250 for weapons/offence at level 60, but the red displayed value is 240). Similarly Parry and dodge display as 185 and 137 where they should be 220 and 170.

Regarding knights, at this stage in the time line should their defence skill scale up during the 40s? I have a 48 shadow knight and his defence is still displayed in red at 200.

In addition to the Cobalt Scar 'fix', you can also visit a guild trainer to check the 'overcapped' skill values using their skill training window. Note this only works on trainable skills (so not offence/defence) and does not correct the value in the regular skill window.

I hope these observations are useful for any further work done on the issue!