Thread: Zlandicar
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 10:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On their 56k modem with frequent LD and ping issues, missing pathing nodes, warping mobs, getting stuck on geometry, and faster than sow mobs?

Spoken like someone who didn't play on live in era.

Best lol in years.
Quote:
When did DSL Internet start?
It was bout 1999 before early adopters started using it, and the following year it reached 4% penetration. I guess "popular" was probably 2002/3 when usage grew fast: Note: This is specifically "broadband" - if you mean "internet" then dial up (V34 28kbps) went mainstream around 1994/95.1
If i had that in Brazil, 128k or 256k broadband, i bet wasnt a problem in North America, and the stability wasnt perfect, but rare was the trauma i had from LD or LD from trains, in fact i remember GMs stressing the zone to check if it would crash in case whole zone was trained/pulled at the same time to zone in.

Also if we simulate a 56k connection, and do a zone pull of those mobs without LDing, will they lift that leash? Or Rooted Dragons? Or AoE limit?(that one isnt bad since zone disruption and RMT went bad, althought should be limited by zone) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]