View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 12:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's the kind of game that you are not trying to beat in a weekend. It's something you keep loaded on your PC and play when you want. Yes, you can kick back and watch something on another monitor or television. Depends on where you are, of course, and what you are doing. It's not polite to be "netflixing" while busy in a dungeon. Exceptions are there for when a group has things on lock-down. Group wipes cost time to recover, sometimes discouraging others from playing. So be kind and think before being a total noob.

-This was only for OP's benefit, if he truly is new. ...You are not from Grobb, are you? OP

Note: There was a sense of urgency back in the day, mixed with things being new and paying per month. People were motivated to get out. Things are far more relaxed and permanent on P99.
I agree. It took me years to get my Necro to 55. I really enjoyed my time leveling him and never watched to clock or wished things would go by quicker. But the server was different back in 2014 to 2017. There were a lot more people playing in the mid levels, and there wasn’t nearly the amount of nerds at the top. Green really put a nail in my EQ coffin. I don’t have it in me to start all over again, and blues mid level community had dwindled below what I find acceptable.

With all that said, without nostalgia, I would have quit before I hit level 10.