View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 02:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fake news as hell. I’ve never seen the skill level of some of the top enchanters replicated on p99. Even the enchanter I duo’d all the way to 50 with when green was new felt mechanically bad and he even he would tell you that. Yet he effortlessly breezed through the game because of how op charm on p99 is.

I do remember some of the best enchanters in the entire game doing cool stuff with charm that most people thought was amazing, but it wasn’t consistent or reliable and was no small feat at the time. I remember witnessing some of this and how tense it was.

I also vividly remember that the enchanters who used charm almost always had to let the mob die ASAP because once charm broke you would NOT be able to re charm the same mob. I think this was by design and for balance. It was not normal to keep the same pet for hours.

I also vividly remember an enchanter using charm in our group, and being chaotic neutral it made me lol. I knew I wouldn’t be the person to die when charm broke, so I didn’t care. Our tank/pulled raised absolute hell when he saw that our enchanter had charmed a drolvarg inside of KC. But again, I was chaotic neutral and I was like wow this is fun and the dps is crazy, I don’t care that our enc and cleric are about to die! Enchanter assures tank it’s safe. Tank goes to pull, charm breaks, enc and cleric both die while I run to the zone. Tank dies because he pulls several mobs to discover his group is wiped. I laugh the entire time.

I vividly remember this. Groups did NOT use charmed mobs for a reason.
seems correct