View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 08:38 PM
Fire Giant

Yes, Enchanter is extremely overpowered and in no way classic.

Yes, the evidence has been provided for years now.

No, the staff doesn't seem to care how Enchanter ruins most of the games difficulty.

Here is the simple guide to fixing Enchanter and most of P99's difficulty curve which is currently way too easy:

1. Fix channeling. Channeling success on P99 is insanely high compared to live. On the order of something like 10% success chance at level 1 for live but it's around 70% success chance at level 1 on P99. Go make a level 1 and test it. It's insanely obvious that it is broken and not classic. This plays hugely into Enchanter being easy here no matter what lies people try to tell about Enchanters having stun which makes them immune to needing to channel. It would also fix every other caster class being able to channel too easily and would promote grouping for dungeon content which should be more difficult to solo due to chance of interrupts.

2. Nerf item recharging in some way. Regardless of the classic nature of item recharging it is used to trivialize raid content. Many other things on P99 are nerfed that were allowed on live because it is overpowered due to too many people knowing about and using it.

3. Normalize all mob HP values to stop the easy leveling treadmills that seem to keep popping up. Kith undead mobs with too low HP compared to live and the same with the Ogre guards which were just patched. Anytime one of these unclassic things pops up it needs to be instantly nerfed, no delay for patch day, etc. It should be actively monitored for by calculating rate of exp gain across all players to determine if someone has found a bug and is abusing it.

4. Stop using ZEMs that aren't classic. It was shown current "hot zone" ZEMs on P99 didn't exist in classic and they're almost a 2x exp rate compared to live. They allow ridiculously fast leveling and encourage "the one camp to rule them all" in certain level ranges. Like The Hole is now. I complained about this endlessly with HHK and similar and the devs just moved the ZEMs around. That wasn't the problem. The problem is the ZEMs are too high. We don't need "hot zones", they're unclassic and destroy the difficulty curve and time sink required to hit max level.

Make these 4 changes and P99 will be a million times more classic in terms of your average play experience. More pick up groups. More difficult raids. No Enchanters carrying all content. A difficult game where the majority of players will never make it to max level between classic/kunark/velious which relieves the pressure on raid content seen here.

Seems pretty simple to me. Whatever. Last time I made that thread about Enchanter and provided tons of evidence I had to put up with being called names and insulted for 50 pages and then when I finally "took the bait" and called someone names back I was banned from forums.

Pretty obvious you should all just shut the fuck up about Enchanter. The staff doesn't care and prefers their unclassic leveling treadmill congested raid content trivialized server for whatever reason. It's theirs after all.