View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 10:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Truth is all those raiders tryed eq and couldnt handle it so they went to wow, so already beat ya to the whole quitting after day one of failed EQ cr's [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't even know what you're trying to say.

The bottom line is the games are just different, and they pose different challenges. Overall Everquest is a less forgiving game, it punishes your mistakes much harder with forcing corpse recoveries and experience loss on death, it also takes more time to get things done, and you need more people to do most things.

WoW like most modern games has a lot more mechanics involved, but it isn't as punishing as Everquest, if you fuck up in WoW you just respawn and pull again. WoW is also what you make of it, if you want to be a casual who just raids just in the hopes of seeing the raid content then WoW allows you to do that with simple versions of the content. If you want to go hard and be the best then the content is honestly miles beyond anything I've seen in EQ, which I played until I think The Serpent Spine.

Comparing which game is harder is silly because the ways they approach difficulty in an MMORPG is different. EQ will never be as mechanically challenging as retail WoW, but that's not why most people play EQ, and WoW will never be as unforgiving as EQ because they would lose all their subscribers and go broke.