View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 11:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty much exactly that, the majority of people who say they want competition don't even really want it, they just want to brag about denying others in RnF. The minority of players who want to continue that toxic mentality dictate the way the majority has to play the game, and until you fix that problem nothing will ever change.

Even in the past the top guilds have rotated targets amongst themselves to avoid competition while maintaining their monopoly on content. It really makes no sense in a time locked server that has been in Velious for 6 years that we are still trying to fight over the same pixels.
This isn't true.

Racing against Furoar on a Dain FTE is exhilarating even though I haven't beaten him yet. Seeing ridiculously complex tactics implemented and actually working is impressive, engaging, and provides motivation to innovate and interact more to accomplish a task.

When AG/F first started kiting 6 Vulak guards around, with the guards going back to Vulak and being kited back out again while successfully ending up in a kill, it was simply impressive. When Riot wiped on Vulak and was able to recover quick enough to beat AG/F out on a new FTE, and kill Vulak after a 40 minute all out war against attrition attempting to get to mana neutral while CR'ing, was phenomenal.

I've seen some amazing feats performed by various guilds over there years and there are numerous examples, too many to list. All of these feats bring a whole new excitement and sense of accomplishment to the game that will never been seen again due to "rotations" or whatever ruleset is implemented that decreases interaction between players.

EDIT:
THIS is why we play the raid scene, even with all of the problems that come along with it. THIS is why, 6 years after Velious dropped, 20 years after the game launched, we are still seeing new, innovative and complex maneuvers pulled off to win a kill on a target. Some people just don't understand this and I hope this post helps.
Last edited by SantagarBrax; 10-22-2020 at 11:25 PM.. Reason: Edit: