View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 11:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When AG/F first started kiting 6 Vulak guards around, with the guards going back to Vulak and being kited back out again while successfully ending up in a kill, it was simply impressive. When Riot wiped on Vulak and was able to recover quick enough to beat AG/F out on a new FTE, and kill Vulak after a 40 minute all out war against attrition attempting to get to mana neutral while CR'ing, was phenomenal.
Yes, but imagine how even more impressive and phenomenal pulling that off would be while defending that attempt against a competing guild PVPing them! Why, they would go down in competition history and become legends!

Quote:
I've seen some amazing feats performed by various guilds over there years and there are numerous examples, too many to list. All of these feats bring a whole new excitement and sense of accomplishment to the game that will never been seen again due to "rotations" or whatever ruleset is implemented that decreases interaction between players.
You're right... so moving these guilds who want competition over to Red is a step in the right direction because it will INCREASE interaction between players. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'm not trying to pick on you, you are just making points that I feel like my solution addresses.

See how Red = Competitive is just the right answer for solving this? The solution is already there... competitive guilds just need to accept true competition and not their convenient definition of competition.

Then we have a rotation server and, more importantly to players sharing your mindset and the exhausted GMs, a competitive/race/FTE server that, by design, does not generate raid petitions because everyone competing has the ability to work it out themselves.

How is this not a win-win-win-win for casuals, competitive players, GMs, and the 4 people who still play Red that would like to see a higher population?

I think it boils down to "I can't handle the true raw competition of another guild able to PVP me or not being able to petitionquest an encounter... I just want light competition" or maybe just simply "well, if we're all winning and losing raid targets, who can I show off my pixels to in order to receive validation?"

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles