View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 10:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alot of raid setups naturally stagnated around EverQuest raid bosses. A huge majority of EQ raid bosses = heal the tank with a CH chain and spot heals. The vast majority of clearing trash or tanking multiple things at once is not the meta and probably never will be without high risk plays like kiters and train aways being punished more harshly when they fail.

This leads alot of people tunnel visioned on their role and raid setups set up for what is essentially speed running everquest often lack the flexibility or familiarity of splitting tanks and healers not just keeping 1 tank on target and spamming heals or waiting for their gina trigger or number to come up. But instead actually paying attention like assisting mobs to heal etc are lost on a lot of people because they are too laser focused on how to do something as fast as possible.
Exactly this. I've played live EQ for a long time, multiple eras and servers, as well as raided there and other games with varying competition like direct PvP or DPS races. P99 Blue amazes me. It's so hyper focused around a quick engage that it's purposefully setting up the entire thing for a guaranteed wipe if the cheese doesn't go perfect. It's literally training... and much like the kites... circles and circles of petitions for... you guessed it... Training! So yea... circles. We are good at that I guess

Rainwarden Tolo - 60 Druid

Warden of The Rainkeeper
Scout of <Riot>
Grand Historian of <Fires of Heaven> P99 Blue