View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 02:38 PM
Aviak

I'm afraid that's what I'm coming to terms with Masakizt...
I have basically become proficient in using the strafe turning method, although that means having one finger on the run & strafe buttons for the duration of the kite. That kinda sucks, but is manageable for the smaller scale crowds I have been gathering/practicing with so far in the pre-early teen levels. Down the road, when gathering larger populations, I can't see it being sustainable, so I'll have to figure out how to do it with SoW, or twisting in Selo's. This is my first ever toon on Red so I'll never have JBoots. I don't even know what the MQ would run on that server, but it's more than I'll ever farm- for a Bard, especially.

Legidias, I know I've used the method your speaking of, and yes- definitely used it to max swimming on quite a few toons. However, that does lock in to a VERY tight circle, essentially, just a spiral of a few 'feet/meters' and would be way too close for the purpose of kiting. It is perfect however for the sake of swimming around Lake Rathe for skill ups! I obviously don't understand the mechanics of it, because it works when adding the 'turn' but not adding the 'strafe'.

I'll figure it out one way or the other, as I have pretty much always done. The only thing that has ever held me back from whatever I've wanted to do in this game, is RL- Dangit! lol Play time is just too scarce for all that I want to accomplish.

Thanks for the suggestions all. I always appreciate the shared wisdom from all of you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]