View Single Post
Old 03-30-2022, 10:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just don't really see why you would put real money into BTC as a hedge against inflation instead of buying actual gold, which has tremendous functional manufacturing value and is a classical currency due to the high cost of extracting it from the earth.

So while you can't really go wrong with buring your money in Gold, there are some risks to Bit Coin.

I'm making this argument considering the arguments I've seen in favor of BTC.
Real money is btc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure if we got hit with a solar fart that was strong enough to blow our magnetosphere away and trigger an emp that it would be world wide.

But in the event that we only lose half the planet's electronics to an emp it will be amusing watching all you guys travel to Antarctica to cash in on your doge coins.
We're closer to mining asteroids than the sun is to knocking out electricity on earth. Just like the internet had that Y2K nonsense you'll believe all crypto isn't safe because of outside environmental occurrences?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These people have no money or physical assets to hold gold and they’re hoping to get rich and stop working at arbys
It takes money to hold btc and real physical asset to mine them. It isn't just sitting in a vault acquiring dust and some dude behind a printer.