View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 10:50 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Again, to make sure we are all on the same page, my personal interpretation of that particular statement by Sirken, based on how rule changes are usually made and information is disseminated among the Senior Staff - as well as the context of the statement and being fortunate to know how Sirken thinks, is that this was not a hard rule, and instead a suggestion.

I personally don't have any problem with implementing the aforementioned rule if you all feel that it's necessary (and don't just make your decision based on wanting to get TMO in trouble), then I don't see the harm, though the benefit doesn't seem to be huge either, and we should all keep in mind that the more rules we add, the more nuances and exceptions that new-comers to the raid scene have to be sure they don't violate. Maybe my trust in the average guild/raid leaders ability to read a bunch of forum threads or receive clear instruction from their peers is less than it should be, but I am already concerned at the increasing number of circumstantial or mob-specific rules that seem to be "needed" for guilds to stay in line. I think the "don't engage targets with your trackers" rule should already cover this one pretty thoroughly.

Most importantly, you will all need to wait for Sirken's clarification. He's also extremely busy this week and may take some time to respond, but obviously until he does, it is probably best to follow it as if it's a literal set in stone law just to be safe. I still find it highly unlikely that he intended to add more restrictions on where people can be and where they can't be, as this is something we really don't like setting limits on wherever we can avoid it - this is something we've both been pretty clear about, if not in public, than certainly in our own private discussions. As a final note, even if we are to assume that this rule is active and was active at the time of these screenshots, there still simply isn't enough here to corroborate Catherine's explanation or damn TMO to <insert community chosen torture here>. If people are getting FTE with trackers, even if they quickly die and drop aggro after it happens, people should start fraps'ing that and compile a thread here in raid discussion to highlight that it's an ongoing issue. If it's as large a concern as this thread seems to suggest, rather than one or two isolated incidents that can easily be mediated between guilds rather than force staff intervention, it's something we can deal with in a fashion that doesn't require the creation of more rules. I would greatly prefer this to the alternative - creating more and more restrictions and rules to try and enforce... rules that we already have in place.
Last edited by Derubael; 10-21-2014 at 10:56 PM..