View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

I like them all for very different reasons.

What I didn’t like about my bard was hitting that wall where my epic was unobtainable. By the time I found myself inmates guild where it was possible, I had already reverted back to my original eq career of warrioring.

Warrior: I enjoy being the point man. As a gear dependent class each upgrade has a very meaningful impact unlike anything else other classes feel. For most melee it’s about having 41% haste and rocking weapons. Other gear slots help, but not to the same degree. Casters? Meaningful clicks. But for the warrior class, each slot is important. Weapons to hold threat. Other weapons to dish out damage and not draw threat. We get beat on incessantly by the nastiest monsters in the game so every pinch of ac, hp, and resists is important. Beyond that, 60 warriors are borderline Demi-gods in eq. Solid dps at baseline. Insane dps if we are free to unleash precision disc (more so if berserk). Tough as nails and hard to kill. All of this while still being a highly social class in that we are simultaneously completely dependent on those around us.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2