View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like them all for very different reasons.

What I didn’t like about my bard was hitting that wall where my epic was unobtainable. By the time I found myself inmates guild where it was possible, I had already reverted back to my original eq career of warrioring.

Warrior: I enjoy being the point man. As a gear dependent class each upgrade has a very meaningful impact unlike anything else other classes feel. For most melee it’s about having 41% haste and rocking weapons. Other gear slots help, but not to the same degree. Casters? Meaningful clicks. But for the warrior class, each slot is important. Weapons to hold threat. Other weapons to dish out damage and not draw threat. We get beat on incessantly by the nastiest monsters in the game so every pinch of ac, hp, and resists is important. Beyond that, 60 warriors are borderline Demi-gods in eq. Solid dps at baseline. Insane dps if we are free to unleash precision disc (more so if berserk). Tough as nails and hard to kill. All of this while still being a highly social class in that we are simultaneously completely dependent on those around us.
This is probably the most convincing arguement I've ever heard for enjoying the warrior class. Even with a geared epic warrior of my own I was never able to really find the joy in playing one fulltime. Just ask anyone in riot how I feel about poor yxarus lol.

Enchanter is my number 1 and it's not even close. Eberron was ironically born simply to be a chardok enchanter bot back in the aoe days and over the course of leveling him I fell in love with the class. Realized how high the skill cap was on it and just went full steam ahead and became my 2nd 60 despite being my 4th alt.

I do not like relying on other people and I dont like idling in game and i like a challenge. Enchanter solved alot of those things for me. I need help with next to nothing and can camp anything anytime. I never have to split loot or sit LFG because I am my own group. EQ is a social game sure but nothing is more fun to me than soloing hard camps. I can adventure as I please because an enchanter is the master of his environment. No other class feels as powerful or affords me the freedoms I have on my enchanter or even has the same "feel" when playing it. If I'm not playing eberron, I always wish I was instead.

Also, I have an odd fascination with the idea of charming monsters and locking down adds. Just feels really cool to mind control a bunch of baddies and win a fight using the fight itself as my tools.

For eberron's gear, I'm happy with what I've achieved for him. I just wish so badly I could get him out of the terrible looking skyshrine robe and into a vulak robe but it has become apparent that this wasnt meant to be. But eberron has achieved 4100 mana , 2450ish hp, 225MR and FT8 self buffed so hes come a long way since his loan bracelets and crimson robe.

I'll roll another enchanter on green for sure.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior