View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 12:31 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

a few more posts believe in velious era

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6303

E: a little about AGI (dealt with in Oasis of Marr)
#Aug 11 2001 at 6:25 PMRating: Default
serotonin
10 posts
Ahh, the blazing sun...so hot..beating down on me relentlessly...but I don't worry. I've got food and water and I'm walking at a fair speed. A good lvl later, I've got enough garbage on me to slow down Rallos Zek himself. (and yea, that WAS a joke) I cash it all in to the local vendors and promptly loot some more. unfortunately, while trying to lvl, I bit off more than I could chew, and a Gator chewed on me...
I was fortunate enough to have someone witness my untimly circus act gone bad, and they rezzed me. now, aside from rez side effects and my blue bar being nonexist, I seemed alright. I sat and meditated and thought happy thoughts on the dock. the cool ocean breeze felt good. I stood up and saw a few abandon corpses laying around and I looted them for cash upon asking who they belonged to, with no reply.
I noticed that my AGI was still very much in the red, and the rez effect had already expired...my health and vigor were immaculate, yet my land speed suffererd severly...what was wrong? I had no loot on me to sell off..I had already sold it all........for...money...*sigh* I had traded one weight for another, and was suffering the weight of roughly 600-700 copper, 500 or so silver, 300 or 400 gold and a about 10 plat.....I wearily trudge through the desert to the nearest bank... My Selo's jamming on a Mistmoore Battle drum hardly made up...and the Anthem gave me enough STR to move. I was virtual bait for anything that would have its way with me.
I eventually found a nice chap who offered me a port to the Rivervale bank to cash my woes in for a lighter load, and to make a sale or two. I agreed, and upon loading the cash into the bank (and into his pocket) I walked away with two lambent bracers, lambent gaunts and my AGI at it's best. I strapped on my drum and jammed Selo's which took me home on no time. I felt if I had just spread my arms (not legs) I could fly!...but that makes playing the drum a little more difficult...but...that's how I feel that AGI most certianly affects land speed. argue THAT!
P.S. I really like this wep, and would like one. anyone wanna travel the world with me and pick it up? i'm on Dru Ro. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] *wink*

Hi moron. How are you today?
#Aug 10 2001 at 3:05 PMRating: Sub-Default
Queklain
32 posts
Agi does affect running speed.
Ever notice how much your agi is lowered when you try to run with low hp?
Exactly.
Have a nice day.

Agi comment
#Jul 09 2001 at 12:37 PMRating: Default
CountessKrak
21 posts
Rahzzin's comments on how weapon delay works are an incorrect - an old speculation that I
believed had been dispelled with the rummors that dex increased attack speed and agi increased run speed. At any rate the offhand delay matters as much as primary hand delay. - BADDUDE

Well, BADDUDE, the rest of your reasoning is certainly called into question when you consider that your comment on agi and run speed is 100% WRONG. Agi DEFINITELY increases run speed. Why do you think that the +2 Agi rings dropped by Nillipuss are called Rings of Running? DUH! As a level 60 Druid it always amazes me that when I SoW another class they OUTRUN me. The reason I ALWAYS find out is that they have more Agi than me. Before you post perhaps you should spend a few seconds doing research so that yo dont misinform people.