View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 02:53 PM
Orc

I don't believe the ability for any vendor to recharge items was intended considering they had quests put in place for npc's to recharge specific items.
Quote:
Whysia Flock will indeed "recharge" your Shining star of life(not light like the items called) for 20 gold(or 2 plat or 200 silver or 2000 copper), how ever this does nothing but play the quest complete sound. If I had to guess the recharge part and the npcs calling the item a different name might be things from EQ beta that never got changed when EQ went live. Here the text from my log.

You say, 'Hail, Whysia Flock'
Whysia Flock says 'Good evening, <your name here>. Feel free to take your time browsing. The temple shop is open night and day for your convenience. Most clerics need access to their [scroll strongbox] at all times.'
You say, 'Recharge the Shining star of life' -Note saying recharge shining star is enough to prompt a response
Whysia Flock says 'Are you interested in recharging your Shining Star of Life? I can do it for you, but I require the Shining Star of Life and 20 gold.'
Whysia Flock says 'Here you are, then. May the power of the Prime Healer guide you through life and keep you healthy.'
I wonder how complicated it would be to make changes so that vendors can distinguish between fully charged items and empty ones.