View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaeophi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry if this bursts anyones bubble. I know some of you spent a lot of time writing out opinions but figured I'd chime in just to give a more straight forward way of explaining.

Str actually will effect hate generation due to the fact that your potential damage possible is what generates the threat which is why misses can still of course make a mob turn to you.
Strength is one of the modifiers which effect the damage you can do. If you are not capped and someone is capped, their modifier is going to be higher then yours which means more then likely they will have a potential to do more damage then you regardless if RNG rolls in your favor and for that fight you did more damage then them.. somehow.
Other factors come into play when determining hate generation (ex. delay, proximity, procs, lifetaps, yadda yadda) but after typing up what I have already I've become bored and am play league of legends now.
Oh.. and im im wrong on what i just stated. Just call me a big gunky and correct accordingly.
You say it quite confidently, but is this subjectively how you feel or objectively how you have proven it to function? Honest question. If it’s subjective/anecdotal I have already clearly spelled out how to test it. If you or anyone has objective data that points in a different I sincerely (no sarcasm) would love to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillusional [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't have any reason to believe this is different on p99 in the relevant places.

Lines 1434 through 1520 (specifically lines 1435 and 1479) show how white noise hate is fixed per swing as Weapon Damage + DmgBonus for melee classes.
Precisely. This is how melee threat functioned on live. Trials I have run on this server indicate this is how p99 coding functions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In b4 troxx comes back and restates everything he just said.
Unfortunately some people have to hear the same thing a few times before it sinks in.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2