View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 01:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^

Mad cuz not an Army Ranger.
There's no real clear definition of what an ARMY Ranger actually is. I met a lot of guys who have Ranger scrolls and no Ranger tabs, and a lot of guys who have Ranger Tabs, but no Ranger scroll.

I'm personally not impressed by Rangers or Ranger school. You don't actually do anything special to get into a Ranger battalion, the decision is made at MEPS before you even go to basic training. And Ranger school is essentially a school for officers, and if you're in the back of the line on day 1, you automatically fail the PT test since they will meet their quota long before it's your turn.

Even the Battalion is pretty gay, and isn't elite. For instance, you could be the most badass E-4 in the entire ARMY, and a Ranger battalion won't take you because you're too experienced to be brainwashed. My platoon sergeant, who is literally the most badass sniper I ever met, and actually is what Chris Kyle pretended to be got kicked out of a Ranger batt as a private because they caught him chewing bubble gum.

Gay.