Thread: Casual TLP
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 05:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried Mischief for about a month. It was fun. Joined kinda late though (LoY was out, the char I rolled was a froglok necro), so I still felt a little out of place and overwhelmed. I don't hate the later expansions, just kinda want to experience the earlier ones first.

Seriously looking forward to Yelinak in about a week though. I'd love to experience the classic content as it was meant to while slowly progressing the expansions from the beginning and learning along the way. Already got a guild lined up, gonna be a blast. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That's honestly totally fine with me. I'm not looking for a super sweaty balls-to-the-wall challenge, and I'm not looking to conquer anyone. Part of the reason I quit WoW, it feels too e-sporty and competitive these days. I'm not a super technical hyper-twitch gamer. I just want to be able to have a good time, shoot some dragons with magic, be included in content, and feel some semblance of victory even if I'm not the greatest player in the world.

The bonus too is that from what I heard, wizards (my favorite class) are generally more effective and respected on Live than they are on P99, and I can play one on TLP without shame or being ostracized. Instanced raids are also great. I'll take all that in exchange for a stranger looking Freeport, any day.

I have high hopes for Yelinak.
You're really going to enjoy Yelinak. I went into Aradune the same way: with a guild and static group already lined up. Still play there today (finishing demiplane of blood splits tonight, matter of fact). It is going to be PACKED. I PROMISE you that the expansion release timelines are MORE than enough time. More often than not you and/or your guild will be hungry for the next expansion after two months. The game is just more efficient on TLPs, but you can still get your asses handed to you; especially as you progress further along and the targets start having more than literally 1 mechanic.

There's something for everybody on TLPs. You want to contest open world targets? That WILL be happening all the way through Gates of Discord at MINIMUM. Want to enjoy a set raid schedule and ride the instances? Hell yeah, go for it. You get to play by YOUR rules and real life schedule.

By the way, there is no such thing as a "play-nice policy" on TLPs. No camps. DPS is king. Mad that some other group is clearly encroaching on your kill space? Better kick up the damage and claim the mobs or you're shit out of luck. Just don't box on the same computer; you will get a 7-day suspension for that. One box only too.