View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 08:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindCorpse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My one experience with red was being grieved by a super twink that kept a character at max pvp level range for all the different level tiers so he could annoy players of any level entering the estate of unrest. He kept spouting about how we were noobs, which we were and he was going to continue to own us all day. Not very smart if you want to retain a player base. The entire group I was with couldn't kill this guy. What's the point in grieving new players?
Those players are the very small minority on red. Unfortunately it doesn't take more than a few of them to chase off a lot of new players who would otherwise enjoy the server.

The worst part is that those dudes think they're doing a service to red. They really seem to believe that any player who would leave the server after being griefed to hell by a small army of twinks maintained just for the purpose of annihilating lowbies who are just trying to get their feet wet shouldn't be on red in the first place.

The majority of players on red are pretty normal people. Unfortunately the vocal minority of retards on the forums and griefers in the game chase off a lot of new players before they can realize this and get hooked on the server.

For real. If *I* can have fun on red, most blue players should be able to.

My advice to anyone who is on the fence about trying red is to wait until the devs finally push through these plans they've got in store for the server and then try it out... while keeping in mind that the retards ARE out there and part of playing on a PVP server is not putting yourself into situations where they can get the best of you. You wouldn't charge into befallen as a level 3 on blue and then complain that it was too hard for you and that you're going to quit because the mobs in there were griefing you. You shouldn't expect to level up as a PVP noob in unrest on red without running into some difficulties either. And if "PVP happens" ... even if it is some twink being an asshole ... brush it off. It IS a PVP server after all. You should expect to die.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 03-26-2014 at 08:29 AM..