View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 06:03 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok thank you. How do I do that? I forget.
Right click "eqgame.exe" and select "Compatability" at the top. Both of those options should be on that tab. With that being said, I just tried this myself and it didn't work for me (on Windows 10).

I am one of the few that has the privilege of playing P99 on both Windows 10, and Linux (Ubuntu with wine). I can give you my unique perspective on this "bug".

On Windows 10, I have the same exact problem that you have - 9 out of 10 times my game will crash when I do /camp. In addition, when I try to log back in, it will repeatedly say that "You have a character logged in, wait for a refresh".
I tried that compatibility/admin option mentioned above, and it did not fix the issue.

The only solution I have found for this is to instead do /quit. This has never crashed the game for me, but I still sometimes get the "You have a character logged in", but most of the time I actually do not get that message.

You might think to instead keep trying to camp out, and just bring the game up when it crashes. The problem is that these camp crashes have corrupted my UI files multiple times, and in one case actually corrupted my game files to the point where I had to reinstall from scratch.

TLDR;
When playing on Windows 10, my recommendation is to /quit and NOT /camp.

On Linux (Ubuntu with wine), I have 0 issues /camp. It works every time with no crash. In addition, I have played on Arch Linux as well with wine, and /camp worked perfectly on there as well.

All in all, I can only assume that the problem isn't the game - it's Windows 10. I wish I had Windows 7/XP to try. I would assume that there are far less issues on both of those operating systems (another "bug" is going full screen/windowed tends to crash the game a lot on Windows 10 as well).