Thread: Enchanter "DPS"
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 06:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
4.) yeah sometimes the sun, moon and stars align to fuck you in the ass for charm break/bad pull/mez fading/resists at the same time
I don't think you're going to change his mind with that line of context. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will however agree that with all the constant BS that can go on, that 99% of the time whenever an enchanter dies it IS because of this very reason, ergo why I don't use the charm spell either... It's unreliable and only usable at lower levels during corpse runs. #UtilitySpell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
5.) always be in the proper level range, be it the place you are exping in to your charm target. a level 38 enchanter in CoM is ganna have a bad time. A level 35+ enchanter in MM charming a dancer(level 25) wont be optimal when ghoulish anclites(31-33) are superior

Dont try and talk yourself out of charming and giving up one of the highest damage classes in the game because you had a bad day
your last point here struck a cord with me. I don't think level ranges are the most simple formula to work with on this. I've actually had some very interesting charms on yellow monsters that worked out great before, and some on green that ended horribly and me quitting for the day.

I don't think charm is entirely based on just levels/stats. I feel like there's a hidden stat people haven't discovered and some are just luckily stumbling into it, then claiming it as "the best thing ever" when it's coincidental benefits.