View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amareck
You "regret slightly" bringing this up in public. You're "not the type to normally go rushing to a public forum", but you did...even though you'd already been speaking with the originator of the message that offended you. You "realise there may have been better ways to bring this up". You admit you may be "some ... newbie that didn't bother to get his facts straight".
Yes to all of that. Perhaps it would make more sense if I explain the iterations that the post went through. It was originally a two sentence post. Nothing too dramatic. Minutes later I woke up to how stupid an idea it was, tried to edit it out or delete it. Then I realised I couldn't edit the subject line, which by luck was quite descriptive. Since I couldn't back out of the thread, I spent the next hour explaining why the thread exists. Sure I would prefer it if the thread didn't exist at all, I think I've made that pretty clear, but I prefer it in it's current state to an edited thread with the subject line and no explanation.

The rest I'll send via PM. Apologies to all involved.