View Single Post
Old 05-06-2022, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbiterBlixen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, I have a torp shaman. The point isn't whether you'll notice the fungi regen after you have torp. The point is over a 10 minute fight it provides more than a Vindi BP. All additional pieces of gear will provide very marginal benefit but, it all adds up in the end. Even your own math say Vindi bp will provide between 120-165hp in the first minute Vs 150hp from fungi. So you're saying at best a 15hp difference in the first minute is somehow more valuable than 1300hp over the course of the whole fight? And again, I'm not making the point that this will make or break the fight. I'm simply saying that Fungi will outperform Vindi BP in a non-resist fight.
My point is that the extra mitigation from AC/Resists is going to save you when it matters. Vindi BP soaks the same flat damage over the first minute, plus it has the bonus chance of mitigating extra damage via the AC/Resists.

Once the mob is slowed Fungi Tunic regeneration is irrelevant. Who cares about Fungi Tunic regeneration if it has 0 effect on the fight? Once the mob is slowed you won't die, regardless of what chest piece you have on. And after the fight the time it takes to recover is the same.

Vindi BP is superior because it is better at handling damage spikes (a mob getting a lucky double attack for max damage, or casting a dangerous spell). Fungi Tunic is too slow and too consistent when fighting tough mobs. Torpor is just too fast in terms of recovery.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 05-06-2022 at 05:49 PM..