View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 05:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
at level 22 here's my adivce.
Go spam quests until you get to 24, buy the next level animation pet and feel OP again. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

20-24 is the FeelsBadMan time of animation pets where the HP value drops off, the damage value drops off, and they are 3 dagger costs per summon.. can get costly inventory-wise.

What I personally did to get past that gap was doing bandit sash quest. It wasn't the best exp in the world but gave tons of money and was fairly easy compared to charm kiting and dying over and over again because RNG decided it hated me 80% of the time instead of that 20% of the time everyone remembers as being "good".

charm is honestly just not worth it below 29. Too much risk vs no good rewards. Quests are really good at the power gap of 20-24, so I suggest hitting up any you can do fast/easy that give you "some" exp.

When leveling Throndor, my first toon on the server, I used animations off n on throughout the leveling process. Soloing with Charm wasn't really viable without a GGRing, didn't have the money for sow pots so I was often base runspeed and that just wasn't a risk worth undertaking until mob DPS scales far beyond the sword pet post-30.

Charming was pretty much reserved for groups where I could rely on healer support.

I would advise untwinked toons use animations as a primary, and reserve charming for situations where you have the support of a group, or to serve as the puller in the group atmosphere until they get 200+CHA which seems to be the magic number on this server for charm stability.

Being able to chain-pull a dungeon while the melee just hop from mob to mob turning attack on is a bigger contribution to the group than anything else, and will take you a lot farther once you can do it while also keeping a pet charmed for DPS thru the 50s grind, but I tend to play a dirtier chanter playstyle where ill just wantonly pull mobs 3 or 4 at a time on the group and deal with the challenges intrinsic to swarming endless parades of mobs into the camp as they arise.