View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 01:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ko37qtl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know, I've been seeing rotten behavior in this game since I started. From Live to here, it's all pretty consistent. What's also consistent is that it's vastly in the minority. Most people are at worst indifferent and at best really cool. Move along and the law of averages will catch up and you'll find better folks to hang with.
This.

Hate to say it, but "Shit's classic". This behaviour went on in Live re: intentional training, swarm kiting, PLvers (the worst for obnoxious behaviour IMO), et al. However, minority of players - except for certain zones which were notorious for asshats.

I have a notepad and pen due beside me - due to old school mechanics re: lack of journal - and in Live used to have a 'Shit List' of asshats inc. their behaviour that caused them to be added to the list, to remember them in later levels.

If you get truly obnoxious behaviour and/or kids who cannot play nicely in the sandbox together re: douche behaviour like claiming ALL wandering mobs in an outdoor zone as a camp, then inform them that they are wrong, and play as normal. If you get intentionally trained, discuss in OOC, screen-shot, /petition and RnF. Actually, probably Server Chat because it has to be truly epic to be considered RnF material.

Re: Guilds. Just because players are wearing a tag above their heads, doesn't necessarily mean those players will play at a higher standard. The guild actually has to have a standing in the community before anyone actually cares.

Re: Group dynamics. Was chatting in /guild last night about grouping, and a particularly infamous thread in RnF regarding a player who spent 6 hours LFG and then had a melt-down. At no point did said player (a) do something else in-game, or (b) attempt to form a group themselves.

Always keep in mind: WWFD [What Would Fansy Do?]
Riotgirl - formerly High Elf Enchanter | Ayonae Ro