View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to level up for the majority of my hybrid's life in dungeons, and then to be able to go after nameds. I like pally and have one in the mid 30's but i've found that whenever i log on to my old ranger (who is early 30's), i really missed that fast swinging action...

she has the haste gloves cuz she was made on blue like 2-3 years ago before i quit for a year, and a lamentation and jagged sword of mourning. whereas my poor pally doesnt have any haste items on green, but i can afford an FBSS now if i spend all my plat on it.

but based on what you guys are telling me it seems that as you get into the higher levels, a ranger can't like, go up to a mob in a dungeon, face tank 100% of the fight, and be done with it like a pally can. i just wanted to know if this bow rotting technique ends up getting more drawn out and longer/more tedious at higher levels. i'd assume no soothe/calm also hurts.

btw, is blue a dying server? I was in west karana last night and i was the only one!
Blue is top-heavy, though there are groups to be found at the lower end here and there. West Karana is just a dead zone, save for the occasional duo at bandits or soloer at ogres. Rangers are fun because of all the items that enhance them, but those enhancements are costly and hard to obtain. Having access to slow procs from Swarmcaller or epic mainhand are significant. Paladins aren't dependent on haste or slow when soloing, using root to joust instead, sitting and medding in between swings. Rangers can do the same, but they lack the damage mitigation. Harmony is superior to calm but then it is restricted to outdoor zones, limiting your dungeon crawl ambitions to Mistmoore, Karnor's, City of Mist, and maybe one or two more that don't immediately come to mind.
Last edited by Ennewi; 01-24-2021 at 05:46 PM..