View Single Post
Old 11-21-2021, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrod99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nostalgia for old EQ has brought me back. I played a Ranger to 40, Druid to at least 70 through many expansions forget which one I quit on. I also came back to new EQ and played a ready made L85 SK with a merc healer a while but got bored.

Thinking about chanter vs shammy as a new toon. I want something that I can solo easily but still be desirable to a group/raid when I have the time. Are there many people still playing. Which server would be best in late 2021? Any suggestions very welcome.
I wrote a longer synopsis, but basically chanter is high risk, high stress, high reward. You will die more often on chanter for sure, but this can be tempered somewhat by your ability to prepare for contingencies

Shaman are more relaxing, less risk, but also much more expensive at the high end. Although chanters are expensive too, yeah luckily cha gear is not that bad but some high level spells will still run 15k to 25k+. Shaman I hear really shine with mana-less clicky's like epic and JBB, which also are going to be expensive

Edit: it's also worth noting that chanters likely have a nerf coming (already proposed by dev), due to a combination of chanter hate/jealousy and fuzzy memories of what charm and classic were really like
Last edited by unsunghero; 11-21-2021 at 11:58 AM..