Thread: Paladin Dieties
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2021, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

oh somehow i missed this thread

Tunare is a top choice, but not the only top choice. Nature paladin makes a great deal of sense, particularly as the elves live near the evil dwarves and their destructive mining operations. What is it about saving the world that doesn't sound very paladin to you?

Prexus is sort of okay I guess, but why would any erudite worship some lame water deity when you could instead fight for the high virtue of peace? Quellious is a much more paladin god, and the roleplay more interesting. What sort of paladin would want to share a god with drunken pirates, anyway? The true "hipster" paladin is the Quellious erudite bc people assume all erudites are Prexus for some reason. Erudites are the only paladins that can worship Quellious, which seems wrong somehow.

Erollisi Marr is a top choice imo, up there with Tunare and Quellious. Good choice for a true romantic, as any paladin should be. There is perhaps no ideal greater than love, and the roleplay of a paladin with love in their heart comes easy and makes sense.

Karana is okay, probably ranks about with Prexus. Now that I'm thinking about things, it seems odd that we have a water god and a rain god. Rain brings life, while storms and floods take it away. Karana seems like a fickle sort of god.

Mithanial Marr is boring. Basic bitch paladin deity. Top choice if you're unimaginative. His sister is cooler.

Rodcet Nife is a super interesting choice, better than the water gods imo. Especially in the age of covid, the eradication of disease and such is a truly noble goal for a paladin. Good roleplay opportunity, with Qeynos being lowkey in civil war bc Bertoxxulous. You literally get to worship a sci-fi extraterrestrial god in a legit flying saucer, which is fucking awesome.

Brell Serilis is a false god who has shadow knights and necromancers in his dark legion. Only races of severely low intellect have been coerced into following this cult icon. He often afflicts his followers with alcoholism, both to bring out their inherent sadism and to maintain their self-delusion concerning the "virtue" of their evil deeds.